
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
|
Major deals in the works as second summer window ticks on
Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all pursuing some huge signings as the summer transfer window steps up another notch. Arsenal are hoping to strike a deal for Viktor Gyokeres soon as talks continue, with Noni Madueke poised to undergo a medical this weekend after a £52million fee was agreed with Chelsea. An offer is expected from the Gunners for Eberechi Eze, with Arsenal also chasing Cristhian Mosquera and keeping an eye on the likes of Rodrygo and Anthony Gordon.
Chelsea are tracking Ethan Nwaneri, Max Dowman and Morgan Rogers, while Nicolas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku could both follow Djordje Petrovic out the exit door next. Manchester United are looking to finally clinch the signing of Bryan Mbeumo in addition to highly-rated youngsters Seth Ridgeon and Tyrese Noubissie, though Galatasaray now look to be in the driving seat over Victor Osimhen as Marcus Rashford becomes Barcelona’s top target.
Tottenham are said to remain confident of signing Morgan Gibbs-White despite Nottingham Forest reportedly considering legal action, with Adam Wharton and Joao Palhinha also now linked amid sustained interest in Yoane Wissa. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
‘Key day’ for Arsenal as Gyokeres strike begins
Madueke set for Arsenal medical

Mbeumo expected to join Man Utd next week
Chelsea monitor Donnarumma contract talks
Tottenham still hopeful over Gibbs-White
Live updates
What next for Gyokeres?
It might be a case of who blinks first in this transfer saga.
Viktor Gyokeres has reportedly made it clear he will not return to Sporting, effectively going on strike to force through a move to Arsenal.
Though it doesn’t appear that Sporting president, Frederico Varandas, is going to budge on his asking price for the striker.
As for Arsenal, it’s been reported that Mikel Arteta wants a deal wrapped up before they head off to Asia for their pre-season tour next weekend.
Guess the next few days and hours will be very telling.
AFP via Getty Images
Gibbs-White absent from Forest friendly
With Morgan Gibbs-White’s move to Tottenham on hold, many Spurs fans will have noticed the midfielder wasn’t in the Nottingham Forest squad for their pre-season friendly against Chesterfield earlier this afternoon.
A reason for his absence hasn’t been confirmed, but it could have something to do with having extra time off after playing for England at the end of last seasonAction Images via ReutersAction Images via Reuters
DONE DEAL
Former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has agreed a deal to join Dagenham and Redbridge.
The 36-year-old, who played nine times for England, has made the switch to the National League South side on a three-year deal. Dagenham announced earlier on Saturday that they had been taken over by a Qatari consortium.
Carroll left Bordeaux last month following one season in the fourth tier of French football.
Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: “The level doesn’t matter as long as I get on the pitch and play football.
“I have had clubs ringing me up, higher leagues, but it has to be the right fit and I need to be in control of what I want to do and not go somewhere because it is higher or there is more money involved.
“I know what will suit me and this is something I believe can be fantastic. There is a project in place, getting them back out of non-league and up the leagues. It is just a great place to be.
